Plan NOW to Attend the 2015 Women in Agriculture Conference on October 23-24, 2015!WV WIA Program Overview Poster- PDF format
How (delivery methods)
- Developing education designed for women’s learning style
- Providing research-based farming education and resources
- Encouraging involvement in state and local ag-leadership
- Conducting W.Va. Ag operations and production research
- Leading women-to-women discussion-based training
- Fostering innovative business-farm partnerships
- Advancing networking and innovation
Now (current projects)
- Annie's Project: 6-week risk management
- Annie’s Project II: Advanced risk management and marketing
- Reading the Farm Visits: Peer-to-peer operations review
- Annual Statewide Women in Ag Conference
- W.Va. Farm Enterprise Budgets Study
- Regional Farm and Agri-business Tours: Showcasing best practices
- Supportive women-to-women networks built and sustained
- Successful/innovative business-farm relationships formed
- Agri-women grow confident in farm and business abilities
- More women farmers’ voices heard and valued
- W.Va.-specific projected cost and revenue for Ag products compiled and shared
Exciting and Uplifting!
W.Va. Women in Ag: Answers, support and encouragement.
Contact your county WVU Extension Service office to find a program near you.